Knowing how your visitors interact with your Instagram photos on your website is vital in understanding which media to post and how the different widget display options affect them. Today we’re making this a little easier by introducing Google Analytics integration in SnapWidget.
To get started you will need to create a new Google Analytics account or property under your existing account. Once you’ve setup the new property or account, copy the tracking ID. You will need this for the next step.
Log in to your Pro widget account on SnapWidget and paste the entire tracking ID into the Google Analytics ID field in the Advanced Settings tab.
Click the Preview or Get Widget button to save your widget settings. If you are already using this widget on your website you do not have to update the code snippet on your site. The changes will take effect after 5 minutes.
Once you’ve had some visitors to your widget you will start seeing statistics in Google Analytics for the account or property you specified.
Events will be sent under the SnapWidget category. Currently we support the following events:
- Clicked Photo - whenever someone clicks on a photo in your widget
- Clicked Previous - if you have pagination enabled, when someone clicks on the “Older” button
- Clicked Next - if you have pagination enabled, when someone clicks on the “Newer” button
- Clicked Twitter Share - if you have sharing options enabled, when someone clicks on the Twitter share button
- Clicked Facebook Share - if you have sharing options enabled, when someone clicks on the Facebook share button
Have any suggestions for other events you would like to see tracked? Let us know!